What is SEO?
SEO is the practice of improving your web pages in such a way that makes them appear at a higher position in the results of various search engines (Google, Bing, etc.).
Why should I set SEO up?
The higher a webpage appears in these search results, the more likely it is to be clicked on and visited by a user (or buyer). Establishing, setting up, and ultimately utilizing the SEO settings for your Foraged shop will increase buyer traffic to your page and increase your sales.
- In order to establish these settings begin by navigating to your Seller Dashboard:
- Next, click on the settings tab on the left-hand side of the screen
- Next, click on the SEO tab on the left-hand side of the screen:
- Fill in the various fields according to these short descriptions:
- SEO Title
- This is probably the most important element for SEO – it can simply be the title of your shop! This is what will help buyers find your shop through a simple Google or similar, internet search.
- Meta Description
- This is the description or summary of your shop will be shown in search results and it should contain important keywords that are relevant to your shop or products that will allow more customers to see what you are selling.
- Met Keywords
- These words should be separated by commas and, like those contained in the meta description, will help bring more customers from a Google search directly to your shop!